Island County Public Health leads health planning and assessment activities. We collaborate with partners from a variety of sectors and facilitate community groups to advance equity and improve health outcomes.
We help develop a comprehensive understanding of health in our community and translate data into action by:
- Utilizing data from many sources including public health, social services, healthcare and the community.
- Monitoring data on leading causes of diseases and deaths, health behaviors and social factors influencing health.
- Identifying trends, disparities, and emerging health issues, working across the social determinants of health - the conditions that influence individual and community health outcomes.
- Developing community partnerships to disseminate community health information and address priority health issues.
- Guiding program and policy development, implementation and evaluation.
- Providing technical assistance to community partners on data collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination.