Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
2024 Island County 2% Hotel-Motel Tourism Lodging Tax Application
- Download the 2024 Hotel-Motel Lodging Tax Application.
- Cover Letter
- Call for Proposal
- RCW 67.28.1816
- August 25, 2023, Lodging Tax Facilities Grant Program Applicant Presentation Meeting
Representatives of Businesses Subject to the Tax
- Tom Felvey, South Whidbey representative. Term expires Feb. 14, 2027
- Vacancy, Central Whidbey representative.
- Barry Wenaas, North Whidbey representative. Term expires Jan. 18, 2025
Representatives of Organizations Eligible to Receive the Tax Fund
- Bob Chalfant, Camano Island representative. Term expires Nov. 10, 2023
- Mike Ferri, a representative at large. Term expires Sept. 15, 2023
- Melanie Serroels, a representative at large. Term expires Sept. 15, 2024
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Previously known as the 2% Special Excise Tax Committee, the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) was re-established in accordance with statutory amendments of HB2698 enacted in Island County by the adoption of Resolution Number C-156-98 Dec. 14, 1998, and codified as ICC 3.06.060, for the purpose of review and recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners on the distribution of monies generated by the Lodging Excise Tax. In order to create a more effective and efficient process, the board determined the committee’s membership should be restructured from 13 members to seven members. The Board of County Commissioners adopted Ordinance No. C-81-10 on Oct. 4, 2010.
The committee shall consist of three members representing the businesses required to collect the tax, three members involved in authorized activities receiving revenues and a Board of Island County Commissioners member. The board will review committee membership annually and make changes as appropriate. The committee meets once annually, usually in the fall.