The purpose of the Island County Child Care Partnership Task
Force is to develop collaborative, multi-sector partnerships to assess
current childcare resources and needs in Island County and explore ways to expand
capacity of and access to child care programs, especially for historically
marginalized communities and families.
The Task Force will help conduct an
in-depth child care needs assessment, engage the broader community, and develop
priorities and a pilot project for addressing the child care shortage in
The responsibilities of the Task Force members include:
• Attend and actively participate (yourself or proxy) in all Task Force meetings.
• Review all relevant material and information prior to the Task Force meetings.
• Participate openly and honestly in discussions and activities, respecting the opinions of group members.
• Represent your organization's and the community's interests and share this information with the Task Force.
• Complete assigned tasks by agreed-upon deadlines and provide timely feedback when requested.
Time commitment for members for task force meetings, preparation, and assignments is approximately 4 hours per month through September 2021. Due to COVID-19, all meetings will be held virtually and/or by telephone.
For additional information contact Theresa Sanders