Loading please wait

Loading please wait
Sign In

Temporary Event

A temporary event permit is required when offering food to the public.  A permit is necessary even if no charge is made for the food.  Upon review and approval of a temporary food service application, Island County Public Health will issue a temporary event permit.  To avoid a late fee, please submit the application at least seven days prior to the event.  A permit is not required for community potlucks.

​In addition to acquiring a temporary event permit, a person in charge (PIC) must be established.  All PIC's must carry a valid Washington State Food and Beverage Service Workers permit, which are issued by Public Health staff after obtaining a Food Worker Card.