Loading please wait

Loading please wait
Sign In
Island County > Public Health > Environmental Health

Environ​​​mental Health

Notice -

Effective January 01, 2022

Public Health Front Counters Will Cease All Financial Transactions

At 4:00 PM Daily

This applies to all permit submittals, licensing requests and vital records requests. 


Environmental Health is the branch of Public Health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built environment that may affect human health.  Natural Resources is the branch of Public Health that is concerned with protecting the natural environment for the benefit of human health and the ecosystemThe goal of Environmental Health is to protect and promote public health. 

We are here to help.  Contact us at any time through our Employee Directory.

(04/01/2020) In recent weeks, COVID-19 has impacted several Environmental Health programs, including Onsite Sewage System, Food, Outdoor Burning, School Health and Safety, and Shellfish Resources. Please take a moment to evaluate Washington State Department of Health Resources and Recommendations for more information.