Loading please wait

Loading please wait
Sign In
Island County > Public Health > Environmental Health > Landlord Tenant Issues

Landlord Tenant Issues

Island County Public Health does not have jurisdiction in civil matters between landlords and tenants.  For assistance with landlord-tenant issues, please contact Volunteers of America at the Dispute Resolution Center for Snohomish and Island Counties.  They can be contacted at (800) 280-4770.
Island County Public Health does provide support for questions regarding water quality, water availability, and/or septic systems.  If you are renting or leasing a property and have questions about these topics, call Island County Public Health and we will assist you in these matters. 
Residents that are renting their home are covered by RCW 59.18, the Residential Landlord Tenant Act. . Residents that own a mobile home are covered by RCW 59.20, the Manufactured / Mobile Home Landlord - Tenant Act.