Loading please wait

Loading please wait
Sign In
Island County > Human Services > Veterans Services

Lighthouse - 1.png

Veterans Services

Emergency assistance is offered in compliance with state law to income-eligible veterans with an honorable discharge, their spouse or domestic partner, surviving spouses and the dependent children of living or deceased veterans. Emergency relief available in Island County includes food, rent, utilities, medical and burial assistance to qualified income-eligible veterans and their family members. We also provide assistance with Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) claims for compensation, pension, health care and all other VA claims.

CONTACT: Call Veterans Services Coordinator Doug Raley at (360) 632-2496 or email to doug.raley@islandcountywa.gov

To qualify for financial assistance, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Have served under Honorable or General under Honorable Conditions.
  • Show an original or certified copy of a DD-214 or, if discharged prior to 1950, a Certificate of Discharge.
  • Have been a continual resident of Washington State for one year immediately prior to application and a resident of Island County at time of application.
  • Be able to provide proof of their identity and documentation of eligibility of dependents
  • Be indigent or have income at 150% of poverty level.

Island County Veterans Assistance Application