- Departments & Offices
- Public Health
- Natural Resources
- Salmon Recovery
- Salmon Recovery Technical & Citizens Committee
Salmon Recovery Technical & Citizens Committee
The Salmon Recovery Technical & Citizens Committee (SRTCC) meets on the third Wednesday of each month. The work focus area is within the Water Resources Inventory Area (WRIA) 6.
We are looking for members
Local Business Representative and Citizen Representative for the Salmon Recovery Technical & Citizens Committee
Salmon Recovery Technical and Citizens Committee (SRTCC) is looking for a local business representative and a citizens representative, so there are two openings at this time. Any interested individuals are encouraged to submit an applicant questionnaire by email to Clea Barenburg. If you are interested in learning more about what SRTCC does please click this link.
For the applicant questionnaire, please email Clea Barenburg.
- Prioritize, rank, and identify salmon recovery projects based on biological, social, and economic criteria.
- Identify and cultivate potential project sponsors and partners.
- Provide technical assistance and support to project sponsors in project development, budget development, partnership building, and grant writing.
- Develop revisions to the Salmon Recovery Plan.
- Track results and ensure they are on schedule and achieving the improvements for salmon consistent with the community’s interests and the goals and objectives of the Salmon Recovery Plan.
- Provide a clearing-house for salmon-related organizations and facilitate a comprehensive, integrated approach for salmon-recovery activities.
- Seek and promote funding support to protect and restore the habitat for Puget Sound salmon.
- Encourage continued scientific research to better understand ecosystem processes and functions that affect salmon recovery in WRIA 6.
- Develop and support public outreach programs that educate and inform the public about salmon-supporting ecosystem processes and habitats.
- Citizens and Landowners
- Tulalip Tribes
- Skagit River System Cooperative
- Stillaguamish Tribe
- Island County staff
- Whidbey and Snohomish Conservation Districts
- Island County Marine Resources Committee
- WA Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Whidbey Watershed Stewards
- Whidbey Camano Land Trust
- Sound Water Stewards
- Swinomish Tribe
- Council of Governments
SRTCC Meeting Agendas and Minutes
|January 18, 2023||SRTCC Meeting Agenda Jan 2023||SRTCC Jan 2023 Minutes|
|February 15, 2023||SRTCC Meeting Agenda Feb 2023||SRTCC Feb 2023 Minutes|
|March 15, 2023||SRTCC Meeting Agenda March 2023||SRTCC March 2023 Minutes|
|April 24, 2023||SRTCC Meeting Agenda April 2023||SRTCC April 2023 Minutes|
|May 17, 2023||SRTCC Meeting Agenda May 2023|