Board of Health
- Meetings are at 1 pm on the third Tuesday of every month
- Meetings are held in the Commissioner's Hearing Room, B-102, Coupeville Annex Building. located at the corner of 6th and Main Street
Agendas & Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- View the most recent agendas and minutes
Melanie BaconCommissioner - District 1
Jill JohnsonCommissioner - District 2
Janet St. ClairCommissioner - District 3
Bob SevernsMayor (OH)
Ron WallinHospital Commissioner
Juliann AlthoffCaptain - Commanding Officer, Navy Medicine Readiness and Training Command, Oak Harbor
Howard Leibrand, MDHealth Officer, Island County
The Board of Health meets monthly to consider policies to improve the health and safety of Island County residents and visitors, and to address issues presented by Island County Public Health staff and presenters.
Board of Health sessions are open public meetings and attendance and participation are welcome. To testify before the Board on agenda items, you are invited to step forward when the Chair asks for comments on that specific item. Speak clearly into the microphone, include your name and address and limit your comments to two minutes. For non-agenda items of a health-related nature, a "public comment" time is set aside specifically for this purpose. Speak clearly, include your name and address and limit your comments to two minutes.
For questions regarding an upcoming Board of Health meeting, please call 360-679-7385.
Persons with disabilities requiring elevator access to the Commissioner's Hearing Room, please call twenty-four (24) hours prior to the scheduled event for arrangements.
- 360-679-7372 from North Whidbey
- 360-629-4522, ext. 7372 from Camano Island
- 360-321-5111, ext. 7372 from South Whidbey